Diptych Tree Landscapes in Glass with Alice Benvie-Gerbart 8th June 2020
June 8, 2020 - June 11, 2020£395 – £795
A 4 day class with International Kiln fired glass artist Alice Benvie-Gebhart will teach her layered techniques utilizing sheet glass, frit, and stringers to create two wooded landscape diptych panels. You will gain insight into color theory, composition and design while using technology to manipulate your image for translation into glass.
Encourage viewers to “look into” your work by layering glass elements. Quench glass to create your own frit. Add gold and Reusche black kiln fired paint to add texture and detail. Build on your fusing skills in this 4 day intensive.
Concepts and Techniques Covered in this Workshop include:
- Composition success with color, balance, and space
- Create color scheme test tiles
- Internet search and understanding copyright
- Use photoshop to transform imagery into a successful composition.
- Adding texture and detail to glass.
- Highlighting mood in glass.
- Kiln fired enamels.
All tools and materials required for the class are included.
Suitable for students with some knowledge of fusing techniques
Classes start at 10am on the day one. Refreshments available throughout the day, and a light lunch is included