Floating on the Surface: Inspiration – Abstraction – Texture with Marguerite Beneke July 11th – 13th 2020
July 11 - July 13£325 – £725
Contemporary Fused Glass with Marguerite Beneke
In this 3 day workshop students will learn to create contemporary kiln worked pieces using float glass and enamels. Topics covered include
- using imagery, surface textures and other art mediums as inspiration for creating abstract work,
- how to mix and apply enamel,
- layering enamel using unusual techniques,
- adding textures on the surface of the glass using different materials like float compatible frits, copper wire
- build-up techniques using pieces of clear and/or enamelled float glass.
Students will complete several pieces to create a collage of the different techniques covered in the workshop. Mounting and display ideas will also be discussed for finished pieces.
Basic glass and kiln work experience is required
All materials required for the class are included. Students are invited to bring their own basic tools (if you have them)
About your tutor:
Marguerite Beneke is a South African artist with many years experience working with float glass and enamels. Her work is exhibited in galleries throughout South Africa and has been sold to international clients. www.margueritebeneke.co.za
Start time: 10am
For recommendations for accommodation can be found on the “Looking for somewhere to Stay?” page.
This course may also be booked by deposit only, with the balance payable by Direct Debit. Please note we are only able to offer staged payments via Direct Debit and not in any other form, due to the cost of administration.