- This event has passed.
Floating on the Surface: Inspiration – abstraction – texture with Marguerite Beneke May 10th – 12th 2019
May 10 - May 12£175 – £675
Contemporary fused glass with Marguerite
In this 3 day workshop students will learn to create contemporary kiln worked pieces using float glass and enamels. Topics covered include
- using imagery, surface textures and other art mediums as inspiration for creating abstract work,
- how to mix and apply enamel,
- layering enamel using unusual techniques,
- adding textures on the surface of the glass using different materials like float compatible frits, copper wire
- build-up techniques using pieces of clear and/or enamelled float glass.
Students will complete several pieces to create a collage of the different techniques covered in the workshop. Mounting and display ideas will also be discussed for finished pieces.
Basic glass and kiln work experience is required
About your tutor.
Marguerite Beneke is a South African artist with many years experience working with float glass and enamels. Her work is exhibited in galleries throughout South Africa and has been sold to international clients. www.margueritebeneke.co.za
Start time 10am day 1.
For recommendations for accommodation can be found on the “Looking for somewhere to Stay?” page.
This course may be booked by deposit only, with the balance payable by Direct Debit. Please note we are only able to offer staged payments via Direct Debit, and not in any other form, due to the cost of administration.