- This event has passed.
The Business of Glass – the guide to making your glass pay
January 12, 2019 - January 13, 2019
Do you love working with glass but struggle to sell it? Do you wish you were more confident in pricing your work? Would you like to get into galleries, but don’t know how to do it? Do you hate your day job and wish you could replace it with your craft sales? If you have answered yes to any of the above you NEED THIS COURSE!
Glass artist and teacher Claire Hall and studio owner Liz Sparkes are joining forces to offer 2 days of interactive learning to help you step into 2019 with all the tools you need to push your sales into the next level and set you up for success. Between them they have years of experience selling through galleries, craft fairs, and online , as well as an abundance of general business knowledge and how to’s to share. The teaching will be flexible and driven by the needs of the group, but over the 2 days we will cover
- Building a Business – the boring bits, understanding the numbers, pricing your work and tax and insurance.
- Marketing – Self promotion, social media, and websites
- Knowing YOUR customer – and where to find them
- How to find the right Gallery – and how to approach a gallery as well as what to expect from the relationship and what they will need from you.
- To Etsy or not to Etsy – the pros and cons and how to.
- The Power of Photography – how (and when!) to use your iPhone, and how (and when) to use a studio style set up or professional
- Premises – She shed, back bedroom or studio? What’s right for you?
- The Power of Self Belief- it doesn’t matter how good you are, if you don’t believe in yourself you will carry on hiding your light under a bushel.. so we will be setting aside some time to learn the skill of self belief.. because that is all it is, a skill which can be learned just like anything else can be.. trust us., we know what we are talking about!!
- Teaching, the Pros and Cons
So, a full on schedule, 2 highly knowledgeable and successful glass artist tutors, by the end of the course you will be high on enthusiasm, and armed with all the knowledge you need to make your glass pay.
Start time 10am – Finish Day 2 4pm