- This event has passed.
Painterly Effects using Inclusions with Wendy Newhofer
October 9 - October 11£275.00 – £550.00
In this three day workshop students will be introduced to working with standard float glass and learn how to achieve painterly effects using inclusions of metal leaf, foil and wire.
You will discover how different materials react with the glass and with each other to make a range of unique shades of colour.
Topics covered will include:
- making samples and keeping detailed workbook notes to use as reference material
- looking at the differences between float glass and other available clear glass when using inclusions
- using fibre paper to add texture and slumping glass without losing this texture
- using kiln wash effectively to create a smooth finish on glass
- kiln schedules for fusing and slumping float glass
- exploring ways of creating designs to use in your work
No particular experience with glass is required, but working with metal leaf requires some patience!
Students are invited to bring their own basic tools to the workshop – other materials required are provided.
Start time on day one is 10am, you are welcome to arrive from 9.30 am for tea and coffee.
Refreshments and a light lunch each day is included.
Payment is either in full, or with a deposit and regular monthly payments via a Direct Debit Mandate which you will be invited to set up. Please note, paying via Payment Plan incurs a small additional admin fee.
Full Price ticket – £550.00
Deposit – £275.00 followed by 3 x £100 paid monthly via a Direct Debit mandate
Payment for the class must be completed in full by the start date in order for you to attend.
Please see our Terms and Conditions pages for details of our Booking Conditions.
For more information about Wendy and her work go to: http://www.wendynewhofer.com