Painterly Effects with Inclusions – Wendy Newhofer June 11th 2021
June 11, 2021 @ 10:00 am - June 13, 2021 @ 5:00 pm£375 – £650
We are very excited to announce the return of Wendy following her highly praised class in 2020. Wendy’s techniques are quite unique. She is an incredibly generous teacher, sharing her experience of working exclusively with inclusions for many years.
In this three day workshop students will be introduced to working with standard float glass and learn how to achieve painterly effects using inclusions of metal leaf, foil and wire.
You will discover how different materials react with the glass and with each other to make a range of unique shades of colour.
Topics covered will include:
- making samples and keeping detailed workbook notes to use as reference material
- looking at the differences between float glass and other available clear glass when using inclusions
- using fibre paper to add texture and slumping glass without losing this texture
- using kiln wash effectively to create a smooth finish on glass
- kiln schedules for fusing and slumping float glass
- exploring ways of creating designs to use in your work
No particular experience with glass is required, but working with metal leaf requires some patience!
Students will be emailed a list of tools to bring with them ahead of the class- all materials will be provided.
Start time on day one is 10am, you are welcome to arrive from 9.30 am for tea and coffee.
Refreshments and a light lunch each day may be included, dependant on Covid related government advice at the time.
Payment is either in full, or with a deposit and regular monthly payments via a Direct Debit Mandate which you will be invited to set up. A discount is offered for payment in full at time of booking.
Full Price ticket – £650.00
Deposit – £375.00 followed by 3 x £100 paid monthly via a Direct Debit mandate
Please see our Terms and Conditions pages for details of our Booking Conditions.